When we got home from church on Sunday Kaylee realized she'd lost her "hearts" that she got in primary. She was quite upset and adamant that I couldn't make her new ones. I called around and found her teacher and she was sweet enough to bring Kaylee over a new set.
Kaylee got sick as soon as we got home from church on Sunday (she slept from 6pm until 9am - it was great!) so I gave her the hearts when she woke up on Monday morning. A little bit later she told me she was going upstairs to get a toy and I didn't think much of it... until she came downstairs and told me next time I go upstairs to look at my pillow.
Well anyone who knows me knows how much patience I don't have - so I went upstairs to see what she'd done. That sweet little girl of mine had made my bed and left a heart on my pillow!
Sick and with a temp of 102, the first thing she wanted to do that day was follow her primary teachers instructions to do something nice for someone. We were both sick and so my bed was a mess from us stealing the covers back and forth from each other. It was quite a feat to make the bed and she did such a good job!
I'm so thankful that she loves primary and has such a great teacher!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aw very sweet of her. I love it when kids have the desire to serve others.
Alison,
I saw your blog off Mindys.. it is really cute. I just wanted to say I am sorry for the past, really, you are a good mom and person. I think I just misunderstood. Your daughters scavanger hunt was adorable!
Post a Comment