I thought I'd dedicate my first blog to finally documenting those milestones.
********************************************************************************
Kaylee Michelle Carr was born at 5:02am on October 1, 2003 (TEN days late I might add, and after 24 hours of labor and an emergency c-section, so that's my excuse for how I look!)
Kaylee was blessed on October 12, 2003. She was blessed in the same dress that my mom, myself, little sister Kim, and niece Abby were all blessed in.
Now, I'm not sure what the next milestone for an infant is, but for Kaylee it was going to Hawaii at two and a half weeks old (what was I thinking and how did I survive that??)
She put her toes in the sand and ocean for the first time on 10/23/03. She squeezed her toes tight and later we found a bunch of sand in her toes, I wish I would have saved it for her!
Kaylee went swimming for the first time on 10/25/03. It was so hard for me to sit on the side and watch her swim with her dad. So I said to heck with the rules, I'm taking my chances! I didn't go in the ocean, I figured of the two options, the pool probably had enough chlorine to kill anything that was bad.
Okay, that was fun. Now back to the real milestones....
I can't remember when she started sitting up, I know - how could I forget that? - but the first pictures I can find of her sitting are around the middle of March.
Kaylee got her first tooth on May 25, 2004. Sadly, I didn't even notice she had a tooth(I know, another how did I miss that moment!)! Kaylee used to go to work with me and it was actually a coworker of mine, Tilly, that noticed she had a tooth. This picture was taken as soon as we got home from work that day.
I can't remember when Kaylee first took her first steps, but I know she started walking right before her first birthday. I was usually home alone with her, so I guess I didn't get many pictures of those first steps. Here's the first picture I can find of her walking (it's at her first birthday party, I dressed her up in the Huskies dress for her dad)
And now for the last milestone for tonight.... the first time she had candy! My dad tried to get her to eat an M&M when she was about 9 months old, but she spit it out. I didn't give her any sugar until after she was a year old. These pics are on Halloween 2004 at her Aunt Becci's house... I think she liked that sucker and didn't want Mommy to take it away!
No comments:
Post a Comment