Sunday, November 2, 2008

She's Home!!

After five long weeks at her Dad's house, Kaylee flew home all by herself today! Her dad and I were nervous wrecks, but she didn't understand what the big deal was. She says she flies all the time, so why would she be scared? I got to the airport way too early and had to sit around waiting for her flight to arrive. When the plane finally arrived and people started getting off, I stood by the gate with my camera. Because of the security rules now, everyone getting off the plane assumed I was waiting for a child to get off. A few people stopped and talked to me, asking how old Kaylee was and then telling me she did such a good job on the plane. I was glad to hear that, but mostly anxious to see her for myself! Here's the only shot I got of her coming off the plane, sorry it's fuzzy, I was nervous and shaking LOL!































That's the only picture I got, because after that she started running to me and yelling "Mommy! Mommy!" It was priceless! A few days ago when I was talking to her on the phone I asked her what she was going to do when she saw me. She responded "I'm going to run to you and give you tons of hugs and kisses because I miss you WAY more than you miss me Mommy!" I don't know who missed the other one more, but she did run to me and give me hugs and kisses :) Here's a picture of her and the flight attendant that took care of her during the flight:


























When we were waiting for her bags to be unloaded, Kaylee pointed to a lady in a wheelchair and told me that was the girl who'd sat next to her and talked to her. We went over and I introduced myself and thanked the lady for keeping her company on her first solo flight. Her name was June and she said Kaylee kept her entertained the whole flight and it was her pleasure. She said during the entire flight Kaylee kept saying how excited she was to see her Mommy, so she was glad to get to meet me. I'm so glad that Kaylee had such a good experience on her first flight alone! With us living in Utah and her Dad in Seattle, I'm sure this is the first of many flights for her on her own now.



As you know from my previous blog, I had a birthday surprise for Kaylee waiting for her at home. I set up a little treasure hunt for her when she got home, here's a video of it (sorry it's so dark, I didn't realize my house was so dark!):




Kaylee absolutely LOVED her surprise, and right away started doing both her makeup and mine. I know she's young for makeup, but she knows she can't wear it outside the house and that it's only for play. I reminded her the vanity is for homework when she starts school next year also. But for now I think she likes it the way it is!



















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the video. My girls came to watch it too and really had fun with it.