I sanded it and repainted it, then sewed the skirt for it. It's hard to see in the pictures, but the fabric is pink with silver stars. I had no theme when I was shopping for the fabric, that all came later. My mom and I were just looking for fabric that would work in her room. After I found this fabric, the stars reminded me of a Primary song - I am Like a Star. I don't think they sing it much in Primary anymore, but we sang it a lot when I was growing up.
You can't really see in the picture, but I wrote "I am like a star shining brightly" on the wall around the mirror. I hope it serves as a reminder to her value as a daughter of God, and also of how beautiful she is.
She's coming home tomorrow and I have a treasure hunt all ready for her. There's clues and little surprises all over the house until she gets to the last one that leads her to her bedroom. I'm SO excited for her to come home and see it! She knows I've been working on a surprise for her birthday, but she has no idea what it is.
Here are the pictures:



1 comment:
I remember that vanity. I always loved it and wanted one of my own. The remake looks great. Nice work.
Post a Comment