Friday, July 10, 2009

Our pool adventure

Last night Kaylee wanted to swim.... so out to the pool we went. I agreed to let her swim for 30 minutes, then it was inside for a shower and bed. All was going well, there was another family there that has a daughter Kaylee's age and they were having a great time swimming and playing.

Then... a couple tried to leave the pool. In our pool, you have to have your key to get in AND out of the pool gate. We're not exactly sure what happened, but somehow the deadbolt that only the managers have keys to got locked.

As we were heading to the pool, I saw my phone by the front door, but said to myself "I don't need to bring my phone, Carl is with us and he's usually the only one that calls me at night."

I soon regretted that decision! Luckily the other mom had her phone and was able to reach a neighbor who called the management. Half an hour later someone arrived with a managers key to let us all out.

Kaylee got to swim for almost an hour and I don't even know that she was aware of what was going on really, just that she got to keep swimming. Note to self - always take your phone to the pool, you never know when you'll get locked in LOL!

No comments: