Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Unparty

Every year my aunt and uncle have an un-party on the 24th of July. Everyone is invited, come if you want, if you don't come, that's okay too. If you go, you bring something to bbq and a side item. It always turns out to be a lot of fun with good food. Kaylee and I have been going every year since we moved here, so this year was #5. Last year Kaylee REALLY wanted to help with the fireworks, but she was too little. My uncle told her that if she came back this year, she could help him set up the fireworks. Well, Kaylee has a very good memory, and we've been talking about it for a year now. Yesterday, she finally got to help and she was thrilled! Thanks Darrell!!





Carl bbq'd some delicious steaks and we all had a great time! It's always fun to see who comes to the party... and nice to catch up with the extended family. I love that we have so many family members living in Utah now, I enjoy spending time with my family.





Kaylee absolutely cracks me up when it comes to taking pictures. She LOVES looking back at pictures of her when she was younger.... but hates having her picture taken. This doesn't work very well with me, because I'm one of those people who almost always has a camera with me, I love taking pictures and capturing memories! Here's a picture of her when I asked if I could take a picture:


And here she is with her cheesy smile when I asked very nicely for her to smile for at least ONE picture:


And now we're down to SIX DAYS until I get to marry the man of my dreams (who is the sexy man pictured below).....



No comments: