Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'm engaged!

Yes, if you've heard it through the rumor mill, it's true - I'm engaged!


Carl and I met on an LDS dating website in May and have been inseperable since. Our stories are a lot alike, we even both have daughters named Kaylee (well, his is Kayli, I can't help it if he spells it wrong). We've been calling them K1 and K2, but not sure how long that will last. Besides, his Kayli is older, but my Kaylee thinks she should be K1. So... we might have to come up with new nicknames to keep them straight.

Third time is a charm! We both have been married twice before. Our first marriages ended from circumstances out of our control, and our second marriages were both huge mistakes. This time we feel it's right. We've both taken the time on our own to get over our pasts and can move forward together with a clean slate.

When we met, neither of us were looking for anything serious. We were just dating around and having fun, but not looking to settle down. That lasted until maybe the second date... if even then. We just click. We joke about being the male and female version of each other because we're so alike. I didn't think I'd ever find someone who was so compatible with me. I thought that if I wanted to get married again, I'd have to settle. I can honestly say that I don't feel like I'm settling at all, I love everything about Carl.

So... to the proposal because I've been asked so many times....

Yesterday Carl and I took the afternoon off work and went up into the Farmington Canyon. It's beautiful up there!



We drove up Farmington Canyon and onto Skyline Drive. Carl had a place all picked out to propose, but there were people there. So we kept driving and found an even better spot. As we were driving we talked about how neither of us was born in Utah or grew up here, but how this is our home and we want to raise a family together here in Utah.




We got to a cool spot on the trail where we could pull over and get out of the jeep. We had a beautiful view of the valley and the canyon and it was there that Carl told me how before he met me he thought he'd never want to get married again, how much he loves me and how he can't imagine anyone else he'd rather spend eternity with. Then he got down on his knee and asked me if I'd marry him. I immediately said yes! When I saw the ring, I was amazed. It was more beautiful than I'd imagined it when we were designing it!




Yes I love the ring he gave me, but even more so I love the man that gave it to me.

We realize our courtship has been fast, but when it's right, it's right. We're not planning a big wedding, just something small with my parents and Kaylee.





5 comments:

Luke & Natalie said...

Congratulations!!!! I didn't even know you were dating anyone! That is so great. I'm happy for you and hope everything goes well. You guys look really happy together :) And the ring is beautiful! Congrats! You deserve it.

colby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
colby said...

congrats!!!

When is the big day?

Anonymous said...

We're getting married 7/31 :-). I know, it's fast, but we're not doing anything big, so no planning time is needed.

colby said...

very exciting.

congrats again!