Last weekend Kaylee and I went with my parents to Yellowstone. In all honesty, I have to admit I wasn't very excited about the prospect of vacationing with my parents. Not with them personally, just the idea of being 31 and going on vacation with my parents. But... since I rarely go on vacation, we decided it would be fun. And it turned out to be a great vacation!
We went on a lot of driving trips growing up, so my dad was excited to get Kaylee started in our family traditions. I think she was a lot better traveler than any of us kids ever were. She was quite the trooper, even after hours in the car she rarely complained.
We thought Yellowstone would be the highlight of the trip, but before we got there we stopped at a place called Bear World outside of Rexburg, Idaho. If you're ever in the area, you HAVE to go to this place, it was well worth the money!
There's a gift shop, a petting zoo, kids rides and a part where you get to drive through and see all sorts of different animals, mostly bears (Hence the name Bear Park lol)
This is what greeted us at the gate to the part where you drive through:
Those grizzly bear cubs were about two years old, and across the path we saw the daddy bear:
This was by far my favorite part, these bear cubs are four months old and have been hand fed and raised in the caretakers homes. The day we were there was the first day they were in their new home. It was so cute to watch them exploring, climbing over the logs and seeing the water for the first time! And of course petting them was pretty cool too. Not sure we'll ever get the chance again to pet baby bears!
In the playground part Kaylee and Grandma had fun trying to make me dizzy and sick inside this spinning bear!
This gives you an idea of how close the bears come to you as you're driving through. They're quite used to cars and will walk right up to the car! The pic on the right I took out the back window, the bottom part is the back of the car.
Okay, this next part is pretty funny. I have to preface it by telling you that a few weeks before our vacation Kaylee woke up in the middle of the night frantic because the pigs were eating her. It was the worst nightmare she's had so far, it took a long time to calm her down and get her back to sleep. Fast forward to Bear World and the petting zoo. This pig might look pretty harmless to the rest of us, but when Kaylee saw it, she freaked out! The workers, mom and I thought it was pretty funny, of all the animals we'd seen that day, the first one to scare her is a sleeping pig!
Okay that's all for Bear World. I'll do another post of Yellowstone.
No comments:
Post a Comment