Kaylee is on her shortest trip ever, only 9 days. Somehow because it's so short, I expect her to be back already and am missing her just as much as I do when she's gone for a few weeks. "Patience Mommy, you just need to have patience" is a favorite saying of Kaylees. My favorite for times like this is the one up in my living room "Don't count the days, make the days count."
So that's what I'm doing. After work today I went to Hobby Lobby to get an organizer for my beading supplies that was half off. I felt weird not rushing to pick Kaylee up from daycare. I came home to an empty house and nobody to cook dinner for. Okay, COOK is a stretch, but nobody to at least throw a sandwhich and some fruit together for.
Then I painted my toenails, watched Wheel of Fortune, emptied the dishwasher, swept the floors, straightened things up... and now I'm blogging to fill the time until the Jazz game starts. Yes, they're going to lose, but I'm winning a bet tonight because I bet they'd only win game 3.
Oh! At the airport we were in line to check her in and saw someone from my old ward in Issaquah. Turns out he was flying back to WA on the same flight as Kaylee. Then later when we were waiting at the gate we noticed another little girl with the lanyard on (unaccompanied minors have to wear them, they hold all their boarding passes and such). We walked over to say hi and I asked the girl if she'd sit with Kaylee. Her name was Linzi and she was very scared to be flying alone. She was there with her Grandma and wasn't crying at the time, but her eyes were red. She was flying to WA to visit her cousins for a few days. When Linzi's Granmda mentioned that she was scared to fly Kaylee piped up "Don't be scared, I fly all the time, its fun!" Now, to set the scene... Linzi is a very TALL 11 year old and Kaylee is pretty small for her age at five. So it was just precious to see this tiny thing comforting a big girl and telling her not to be scared. Linzi asked if she could have the window and Kaylee said "sure you can, I'll just sit at the window next time because I fly all the time." After the girls got on the plane Linzi's Grandma called about 3 relatives telling them about "this little 5 year old girl who is so brave." I was a proud mommy! I'm glad she's so cool about flying, hopefully some day soon her dad and I will calm down about her flying alone.
I walked out of the airport with Linzi's Grandma, so I didn't cry the whole time! But... once I was alone in my car the tears came. I know she's fine and that she needs time with her dad and enjoys it... but that doesn't keep me from missing my little buddy!
Here are some pics from the past few weeks:
Kaylee's hair for the Monday after Easter. Her cousin Ally showed up to our family party with eggs in her hair and Kaylee wanted hers the same for Easter. I didn't want to do it like that for church, so we compromised on Monday.
We are SO glad that the weather is warming up... got out last years summer clothes and when Kaylee saw this outfit, she HAD to wear it that day. She even wanted to sleep in it that night, and asked if she could wear it again the next day. It's hard to see in the pic, but it says "Girls Rule" on the front.
.JPG)
These last two pictures I found on my camera when I went to download pics to blog about. Kaylee borrowed my camera and it's funny to see what she deems "picture-worthy." She bought the toy with her Easter money and I guess decided that we needed more pictures of her. Actually, I love that one. Not the cutest pic of her ever, but cute that she took it of herself to surprise me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment