Last week a reporter from the Salt Lake Tribune came to our bead night and interviewed us for a story. Kaylee was upset that she was in Seattle when it happened because as she said, "I'm part of bead night too Mommy!"
Anyone who knows me knows my love of beading, and it's really exciting to see it in the newspaper! The third picture that says it's examples of completed beading projects - those are all mine :)
http://www.sltrib.com/midvalley/ci_11654102
The reporter did a great job of capturing why I love going to bead night, it really is about the friendships I've made there. At the end she mentions Lydia's husband, Rex, going back to Iraq next month, Kaylee being in Seattle with her dad and Jackies search for a new job after leaving Delta. We're planning a girls night out for after Rex leaves to help distract Lydia. I run into ladies other places now that I recognize from the bead store and they always stop me and want to talk about different techniques. It's a lot of fun.
And anyone reading this, one of my favorite parts of beading is sharing my love with others, so I'd love to teach you how to make something!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Isn't Heart Beads where we took that class for the necklace neither or us wear? :) Good story, you are mentioned a lot.
Yes it is! Thankfully I've learned to make a lot of jewelry that I actually wear. That necklace is pretty, but you're right, I never wear it.
That was awesome. Congrats on getting into the paper.
Post a Comment